Well hello there. I write to you while I sip on my second cup of coffee a day. It is no surprise that I love coffee. If this is a surprise, you maybe lack some basic observational skills *coughmyblogtitlecough*
I also prefer red wine to white. This being said, I can’t just idly sit back and hope my teeth stay white. With beverage preferences like that, staining is bound to happen. So, today I’m going to share my must-have teeth whitening products. These are the products I use every single day to keep my teeth white and stain-free.
Now, there are a lot of whitening products out there that are intended to be used one time, or every day for a week, or something along those lines. I’ve spent plenty of money on white strips, and gels and trays. But honestly, I find the very best method to be daily treatment with the products I’m sharing.
Best of all, it’s only two products and you can get them both right at the drugstore. YAY!
Rembrant Deeply White Peroxide Toothpaste:I’ve tried just about every “whitening” toothpaste out there. If it claims to whiten, I’ve tried it. This is the only one that gives me any real results. No toothpaste is going to be a miracle product, but this toothpaste really does whiten and keep your teeth whiter over time.
Now, I have one complaint. This stuff is a little pricey compared to the other toothpastes (about $9) and the tube is half-filled with air. This is really irritating – you’re paying more money for half the product. But, at the end of the day, it works. And, I’d rather spend more on less of a product that works, than spend less on more of a product that doesn’t work. You feel me?
Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Mouthwash: Anything that tells me my teeth are going to be “glamorously” white is going to get a least one sale. #marketingwin But, this stuff really delivers. Use it twice a day after regular brushing and it helps to keep those pearly whites white better than any other whitening mouthwash I’ve tried.
Now, it’s important to note that these two are like Peanut Butter and Jelly, they are better together. Alone they do a nice job helping to whiten a little and keep the stains away, but together they keep this coffee-addict, red wine-loving lady’s teeth whiter than any other combinations or products I’ve used before.
Other notable mentions. These are other products I’ve used and liked, but aren’t must haves:
1. Rembrant Whitening Mouthwash: Honestly, on par with the Crest one. I just find the Crest one to be easier to find in stores.
2. Plus White 5 Minute Kit: This stuff is cheap for a whitening treatment, about $10, usually. It’s messy, kind of annoying to use, and can be a little irritating if you have sensitive teeth. That being said, it gets the job done and gives you results, which earns it an honorable mention.
Now for the Cone of Shame corner. In my quest to find the best teeth whitening products, here are the ones that I really DIDN’T like, AKA: they didn’t whiten at all and are a waste of money:
1. Crest 3D Whitestrips: I’ve tried multiple versions of this and I give them a big old thumbs down. Not only are they time-consuming, messing/annoying, and expensive…but they only slightly whiten your teeth and the day you stop using them your teeth start to stain again right away. So, unless you want to commit to $40/$50 every 2 weeks, and an hour of whitestrip wearing, it’s not worth your time. Not sure how these have gotten such a good reputation.
2. Any tooth-whitening pen, ever: Just, no. They don’t work and are not worth anytime/money.
3. Colgate Optic White: Not worth it, doesn’t whiten, don’t bother.
4. Listerine Whitening Mouthwash: Not going to give you any reasonable results.
5. Crest 3D Whitening Toothpaste: Eh, just nothing special. It helps prevent stains but isn’t going to give any real, noticeable whitening.
What are your favorite teeth-whitening products?