I show you how to achieve my messy curls in my most recent video, but here’s a quick little graphic.
1. PROTECT YO’ SELF: It’s always best to use a heat protectant when heat styling your hair. Give a few quick sprays and brush it through your hair.
2. CURL: Section your hair into the top and bottom and then using a 1” curling wand (mine is tapered and from Hot Tools), curl 1″ to 1-1/2″ sections leaving the ends out for a more un-done look. Drop the curl into your hand an allow it too cool in the shape for 10 seconds.
3. HAIRSPRAY: You know you make this face when you hairspray too. I’m using Big Sexy Hair “Get Layered” spray because it’s texturizing and a drier spray.
4. FINGER COMB: Using your finger, softly comb through the curls to loosen.
5/6. TEASE: Tease your roots with a teasing brush. Also softly tease each curl at the middle.
7. REPEAT: Let down the top section of your hair and repeat the same steps.
8 WHOA, YOU LOOK AWESOME.
What do you think, have you been embracing the “messy hair” trend?